I started my study of the markets under the direction of my late father, Patrick F. Burns, who accumulated 70 years of trading experience in his lifetime.
In addition, I hired three professional traders to mentor me personally, and even went to Chicago to work with a former floor trader at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
All of this research and study resulted in insights which eventually led to the development of my own Top Dog Trading methodology.
An outline of my trading contributions:
- Author of “Trend Trading For Dummies” (Wiley Publishing).
- Featured as a case study in the book “Using Candlestick Charting: How To Earn High Rates of Return Safely.”
- Featured as a case study in the book “Investing in Derivatives.”
- Received Readers Choice Awards for “Trading Courses” and “Technical Analysis Web Sites” by Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities Magazine for many years.
- Author of Top Dog Trading 5 Energy Methodology Plug-in for MetaStock.
- Developed a 5 Day Course for WorldWideTraders.
- Founded Top Dog Trading, to help students shorten their learning curves in becoming traders.
- Headlining speaker at DayTradersUSA.
- Headlining speaker for the Market Analysts of Southern California.
- Headlining speaker for the Canadian Society of Technical Analysis.
- Given seminars around the country at many Wealth Expos and Traders Expos.
- The former lead moderator of FuturesTalk chat room guiding listeners through the open and close of each trading day.
- Published many articles for various outlets including eSignal Central.
- Conducted live webinar co-sponsored by the CME Group.
- Doctorate in Hypnotherapy and is a certified NLP practitioner, and therefore able to help people with the psychology of trading.
- Live webinar presenter for the Eurex Exchange.